· 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
· 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
· 7 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
· 3 tablespoons butter divided
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 clove garlic minced
· 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
· Salt & pepper to taste
1. Boil water for the tortellini and cook it according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, prep the mushrooms and the sage.
3. When the tortellini is about 6-7 minutes from being ready (so a bit before you add it to the boiling water), add 1 tbsp of the butter and the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the sage. Cook it for about a minute until it crisps up. Take it out of the pan and set aside.
4. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and another tablespoon of the butter to the pan. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mushrooms are nicely browned.
5. Add the drained tortellini, remaining butter, parmesan cheese, and sage to the pan. Toss until everything's nicely coated. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 3-4 servings. It is pretty rich, so I'd serve 4 but ensure there's other stuff to eat with it like a salad, or you could make 2 large portions.
Recipe from: HERE